Pages

Welcome to Rescue Beagle USA.

This blog is dedicated to Lucky, my sweet little girl who passed away in her sleep peacefully on 12-14-12. Lucky was a lemon beagle and came to us as a "rescue" when she was about 3-years old. While she was initially scared, the poor thing was all of 20-lbs (and for her size that was severely under weight) with lots of love and snacks she became the best friend a person could ever have - please give a rescue beagle a second change!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Anal glands update

It's been sometime since I wrote about Lucky and her anal glands. I decided to go to another veterinarian and her suggested was to get Lucky annal glands expressed every two-weeks and see how she does. Well I decided to give this a go and for the first several months I did as requested: I took Lucky in to have her annal glands expressed. After about 3.5 months, the veterinarian suggested we change the visits to every three-weeks. We did this for another several months and I now take Lucky in every month. I'm thrilled. And so is Lucky. I still feed her pumpkin (I found that when I took her off pumpkin her stools got runny.) and she seams to like how it tastes . . . win win for all! I buy the large can of Shop-Rite pumpkin for $1.99 and it lasts over a week. I add two to three tablespoons to each meal. It does not matter what brand you buy, just make sure it's 100% pumpkin and does not have additional stuff like nutmeg or other spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment